tiistai 11. joulukuuta 2012

Weekend trip to Gothenburg, part one

I made a small trip to Gothenburg last week. Main goal was not in photography, but of course I brought my V1 set along with me. I took also my Manfrotto MY series tripod with me and used it couple of times ( as you can see from the pics ).

We were supposed to leave to Sweden on Wednesday evening but Stockholms Arlanda airport had snow difficulties the whole day ( maybe they should learn from the Finns http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12042213 ). Our flight to Sweden was cancelled and we were forced to stay for the night in a crappy hotel which our airline provided.
We got our new flight for the next day and because we didn't want to stay in a hotel we made a small trip around the old Helsinki. Here are couple shots from there.





 This Pine Grosbeak (Pinicola enucleator) was sitting in a tree when we came back to our car from lunch. I "quickly" changed the 30-110mm tele on V1 and had almost half a minute to shoot this little fellow before it flew away. Shooting with slow shutter speeds with V1 is amazing. Electronic shutter and really efective vibration reduction makes a difference. This pic was shot with shutter speed of 1/50 sec and full frame equivalent focal length was 300mm.

In the next part, we finally get to Gothenburg..

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti